Sunday, April 9, 2023

8.2 | External Feedback

Make sure to include the following:

  • Provide brief context and an introduction/profile of your reviewer.  Who is it that you spoke with?  Why did you choose to connect with them?  Are they an expert in your topic or your production technique? 
  • Summarize your reviewer's key feedback points with accompanying visuals of your work in question. What did they say, and what was it about?  The visuals in your presentation that reference your work will provide immediate context for the summarized critique.
  • Plan of action. End your deck with a short punchlist of what you will do moving forward based on the specific feedback you've received.

Approximately 50% response rate from those I contacted. Feedback so far has been collected in person and via email. 

Current feedback update:

  • Meg Corcoran, local artist, MA in education - received feedback.
  • Liz Lynch, Regional Library Director LARL - received feedback. 
  • Corilyn Wagner, MA art therapy - meeting on Tuesday. 
  • Unglued, Craft Store Extraordinaire - will submit feedback on Monday. 
  • Amanda Heidt, Printmaking Educator, NDSU, Plains Art Museum - will submit feedback on Monday

Meg C

  1. What do you do for a living?  I am a professional artist with a background (M.Ed!) in art education. I am a painter and illustrator.
  2. Can you tell me about your hobbies? My hobbies are reading, cooking, plants, ping-pong, crafting cool stuff out of trash and ephemera, thrifting. I think my life is a hobby.
  3. Do you consider yourself creative? I do! And I have ADHD, so brainstorming is my love-language.
  4. How often do you engage in creative activities? How often do I not, amiright?
  5. Have you ever used a DIY craft or art making kit? I have used Kid Made Modern PBN and pom-pom makers, Fair Play embroidery kit (for Hattie), a random "diamond painting" kit (also for Hattie, but I commandeered it because it's so addicting. I also did latch-hook rugs when I was in daycare in the 1980's. I really like finding vintage art and craft kits at the thrift store. I scored an awesome tole painting kit from the 50's or 60's that has sweet little capsules (like sudafed caplets) filled with paint) and a black metal tray with the outlines for the home-crafter to complete.

Please describe your general thoughts in regards to the Who Made Who Art Kits: 

I am blown away by the aesthetic of the line. They are tight, sharp,and clever. Vintage while still feeling fresh-- the QR code next to 1950's clip-art doesn't look out of place. 
There's a knowing wink in each area that says,"Hey, we know this can feel intimidating, but you're gonna be fine. Everybody starts somewhere."

What do you find successful in this project? 

The look and feel; the simplicity of the projects and their one-page presentations. So easy! 

Your video and website are lovely. How do you manage to make everything feel like it's printed with the most velvety black ink? Delicious!


What could be done to improve this product? 

I would love to see more images of completed projects-- no earthly idea what kolrosing even looks like. 


Was there anything missing that you expected?  

One thing that always helps me break my creative blocks is setting some restrictions on myself or my project. I can't sit right down to a blank canvas and feel the spirit flow through me. I make it into a kind of a game where I choose three things I have to butt up against. It could be a limited palette, a noun (shape or number or flower or animal), or a style/art movement/genre that can help me narrow my starting point and give me a problem to solve. It's like getting a brief from a client when I don't have any. 


Liz L.

  1. What do you do for a living?
    Public Library Administrator
  2. Can you tell me about your hobbies?
    I'm lacking in the hobbies area, but I prefer to be outside and active. I guess cooking could be a hobby.
  3. Do you consider yourself creative?
    No, not really. I like the idea of making things, but I become too overwhelmed with choices and decisions. I like to be told what to do - step by step!
  4. How often do you engage in creative activities? 
    Creative cooking - twice a month. A creative craft - maybe once a year if I'm lucky.
  5. Have you ever used a DIY craft or art making kit? 
    Yes, I just ordered two Wattle and Loop slow stitching kits. https://wattleandloop.com/   If so, what brand (Mondo Llama, Unglued, other artist or brand)?
Please describe your general thoughts in regards to the Who Made Who Art Kits: 


What do you find successful in this project? 

I think this would appeal to all types of people. Plus, it is a great gift idea.


What could be done to improve this product? 

I can't think of anything at this time.


Was there anything missing that you expected?

No, nothing was missing.

No comments: